The Professional Land Surveyors of Ohio was formed to:
- Protect and benefit the general public through the development of principles of practice conforming to recognized ethical codes and
- Guide the Professional Surveyor to practice the profession in accordance with the Surveyor’s Pledge;
- Protect the inherent rights of those engaged in the profession;
- Promote the advancement of professional surveying;
- Promote educational programs for the advancement of those engaged in the profession;
- Promote cooperation and act as liaison among groups of professional societies representing related professional fields.
As a professional organization, PLSO provides a forum to:
- Express personal, professional and community opinions at local and state levels;
- Educate the general public about the services, activities and legal standards required of the Professional Surveyor;
- Present the unified voice of the profession aimed at bettering our community, our profession and ourselves.
PLSO recognizes the aims and goals of its affiliate societies which are common to its own and pledges its support toward their achievement.