Buckeye Mineral Services, Inc.
Balancing progress while upholding environmental protections requires not only expertise in the environmental sciences, but also a solid understanding of the federal, state, and local regulatory landscape. Buckeye Mineral Services, Inc. possesses both, having successfully provided comprehensive environmental and mining consulting services for over three decades to the mining industry, both coal and non-coal.
Buckeye Mineral Services, Inc.- founded in 1980 in New Philadelphia, Ohio- is a full-service mining consulting and engineering firm with extensive experience across our great State of Ohio. We also specialize in environmental compliance and permitting for all industries (i.e. mining, construction, transportation) and can provide comprehensive survey work for any project in Ohio.
Buckeye Mineral Services, Inc. is currently seeking a Professional Surveyor in our based in our New Philadelphia, OH office (with remote work option available).
Duties include, but are not limited to: property surveys; construction surveying; ALTA surveys; setting surveyed control for aerial photography mapping work; and requisite mine permitting survey work and map creation. Must be proficient with AutoCAD and/or equivalent mapping software programs. Must be skilled in technical writing, and have strong written and interpersonal communication skills.
Job duties will involve completing annual maps and reports for mine permits within the State of Ohio, along with requisite field work. Travel to the mine sites is expected, and will consist primarily of day trips.
Qualified candidates will possess:
- A valid/active Professional Surveyor License in the State of Ohio (or be within 6 months of licensure)
- Extensive experience with AutoCAD or other mapping software programs
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, maintain confidentiality, and manage sensitive information.
- Ability to work in a team environment is essential, as are strong technical, oral and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in multi-tasking and supporting multiple projects.
- Willingness to travel (in state)
- High level of attention to detail.
- Valid Driver’s License is required.
Buckeye Mineral Services offers a very generous compensation and benefits package. Interested candidates should email firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.